Let’s connect, learn and inspire each other about horses and humans research. If you are interested and want to know more about the latest research in Equine-Assisted Services (EAS), this conference is for YOU!
Keynote Speaker Wendy Wood, Retired Colorado State University faculty and Research Director of CSU’s Temple Grandin Equine Center. Currently Consulting Professor in the Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program at Duke University School of Medicine.
Partial List of Other Speakers:
*Full speakers list and schedule coming soon
• Dr. Yuval Neria, Jody Jacob-McVey and Debra Farber, Columbia University, Man O’War Project — Published research on Equine-Assisted Therapy for Veterans with PTSD https://mowproject.org/research.
• Betsy Kemeny, PhD, CTRS, FDRT, CPG is an Associate Professor at Slippery Rock University — Comparing Therapeutic Riding to Mindfulness Interventions for the Purpose of Stress Management of Adolescents with Autism.
• Jo Anne Miller, Executive Director of Brook Hill Farm and Adjunct Professor at Randolph College — Horses in Education: Academics and Personal Development.
Saturday, October 30, 2021, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Sunday, October 31, 2021, 8:30 am – 11:30 am
Isothermal Community College Foundation Performing Arts Building 286 ICC Loop Rd., Spindale, NC 28160
$100 Adult and $75 student (includes lunch on Saturday, October 30)
Hotels in Forest City (next to Spindale), NC or Tryon International Equestrian Center — It’s a busy weekend so make your reservations! https://groups.reservations.com/eventpage6449793
• Asheville Regional Airport (35 miles)
• Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (36 miles)
• Charlotte Douglas International Airport (56 miles)